Changes to this site: We reserve the right to make changes to this site, the disclaimers and these terms and conditions at any time.
1. The owner of this web site is Hotel Des Indes, The Hague owned by: Lehwood Des Indes BV, managed by Starwood Hotels & Resorts. Hotel Des Indes addresss is Lange Voorhout 54-56, The Hague. Registration number 34182057.
2. Your contract for purchases made through the Site is with Starwood, and you undertake that any and all goods ordered by you are for your own private and domestic use only.
3. You must be eighteen years old to use this site. If you are under eighteen, you may only use the site in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian. If you do not qualify, please do not use the site.
4. While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
5. No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and Starwood until Starwood dispatches the product(s) ordered. We will confirm that the product(s) have been dispatched by a confirmation email. This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by Starwood of your offer to buy goods from Starwood or a third party supplier that is engaged on your behalf by Starwood (whether or not you receive that e-mail).
6. You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
7. This confirmation e-mail will contain all relevant statutory information concerning your contract.
8. The confirmation e-mail will also contain a link to these terms and conditions, and may be amended in accordance with paragraph 45 below from time to time.
9. You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
11. You undertake that all details you provide to Starwood for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the Paypal account, and credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
12. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform Starwood as soon as possible.
13. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being processed by contacting us through the website, or the links on our emails. You may also withdraw from the contract at any time after the product has been dispatched and you have received our email confirming your order but no later than 2 working days after the day after you receive the product by:
A. sending the notice of cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number.
14. Once Starwood receive notification from you that you wish to withdraw from the contract (in accordance with these terms), any sum debited to Starwood from your Paypal account in relation to your order will be re-credited as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order provided that the goods you wish to return are received by Starwood in the condition that they were in when delivered to you. You will be liable for any charges incurred in returning the goods to Starwood. Please note that for the purchase of a service, your cancellation rights will end once you have begun to use the service, or within seven days, whichever is the sooner.
15. This section applies only to the extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, Starwood do not exclude or limit any liability for (a) personal injury (including sickness and death) where such injury results from Starwood's negligence or wilful default, or that of Starwood's employees, agents or subcontractors or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation.
16. Starwood does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
17. If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product which was advertised at an incorrect price, if the item(s) has been charged and not dispatched we will cancel and refund your order.
18. Starwood will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
19. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Starwood is providing this site and its contents on an ‘as is' basis and makes no (and expressly disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this site or the information, content, materials or products included in this site including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. in addition, Starwood does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this site is accurate, complete or current.
20. In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, Starwood shall, at its own option, make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question provided that you notify Starwood of the problem in writing at the address stated in the confirmation e-mail within 5 working days of delivery of the goods. Nothing in this clause affects your statutory rights.
21. You and Starwood will only be liable under these Terms for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the relevant breach of contract.
22. The products sold on the Site are provided for private domestic and consumer use only. Accordingly, Starwood do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Site or for any products or services purchased from Starwood.
Processing of orders
23. Your Paypal account will be debited on the day of shipping by Starwood. All prices include sales taxes (where applicable) unless otherwise stated.
24. The Dutch law shall govern every aspect of contractual agreement concerning purchases made from the Site.
25. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock with our suppliers. Some items may be unavailable and the current stock status is approximate. Starwood are not able to supply dates our suppliers may get an item in stock.
26. Our standard Returns Policy applies to all purchases from Starwood.
27. The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation. Please note that your goods may be sent to you in instalments. You may cancel your entire order with us if subsequent instalments forming part of your order are not delivered by us.
28. If your delivery address is outside the Netherlands, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; Starwood advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
29. Please note that when shipping products internationally, you should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
30. These conditions apply to gift vouchers which have been purchased from Starwood for in-hotel stays, services or experiences.
31. Gift vouchers can be redeemed at Starwood only in the currency named on the voucher.
32. If the value of an order exceeds the value of the voucher the balance must be paid by either credit/debit card or cash.
33. Gift vouchers cannot be used to buy further gift vouchers.
34. Gift Vouchers and unused portions expire one year from the date of issue of the original Gift voucher.
35. Gift vouchers have a cash redemption value of 0.001p.
36. Please note that some products available for sale in exchange for gift vouchers may not be purchased by persons under a specified age. If you are planning to give a gift voucher to someone under 18 years of age, please ensure that they are made aware that some products are unavailable to them.
37. We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
38. We shall have no liability (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of telecommunications service providers or for failures of, or faults in their networks and equipment.
39. No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
40. You may not permit, create unauthorized framing of, or deep linking to, the Site or the creation of derivative works thereof from any other website under your management or control.
41. In these Terms, ‘Intellectual Property Rights' means patents, database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights, together with the right to apply for the protection of any such rights. All Intellectual Property Rights in the Site shall be owned by us absolutely.
42. Subject to the licence granted to you to use the Site, Starwood reserves all rights, title and interest in its Intellectual Property Rights in the Site. Any goodwill accruing from use of Starwood and its affiliates' trade marks, trade and business names and service marks under this Agreement will vest in Starwood and its affiliates, as appropriate.
43. It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
44. We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and to suspend or terminate your access to the Site immediately and without notice to you if:
A. you fail to make any payment to us when due;
B. you breach the terms of this Agreement (repeatedly or otherwise);
C. when requested by us to do so, you fail to provide us within a reasonable time with sufficient information to enable us to determine the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity;
D. we suspect you have engaged, or about to engage, or have in any way been involved, in fraudulent or illegal activity on the Site.
45. Starwood may amend these Terms from time to time, and place the new version on the Site. For users purchasing goods or registering on the Site for the first time, all purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our website onwards will be governed by those new terms. Otherwise, such changes will be effective against existing users thirty days following posting of the amended version on the Site. Your continued use of the Site following Starwood's posting of any changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes. If you do not agree to any changes to these Terms, then your only remedy is to cease using the Site.
46. These Terms supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between Starwood and you relating to your purchase. Starwood advises that you print off and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions once your order has been accepted by Starwood. We will store a copy of the contract entered into by you with Starwood. You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) fully all information on this website.
47. If any provision of these Terms shall be held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining parts of these Terms and the remainder of the affected provision shall be unaffected.
48. These Terms are subject to the laws and exclusive jurisdiction of the Netherlands.
- The voucher has a unique reference ID-Code and can only be used once.
- The voucher can not be returned for cash money or exchanged incase this one is lost or stolen.
- The voucher can not be returned.
- The voucher can not be cancelled.
- All prices on the website are expressed in euro, including tax.
- The voucher must be shown at the product pickup at Hotel Des Indes. Photocopies are not acceptable.
- Payment must be done via PayPal.
- Hotel Des Indes sends a voucher via email after the order has been placed and will contact the person when the product is ready for pickup.
- All products are based on availability and have a maximum quantity
- Terms & Condition may vary or change.
- Not responsible for typografic mistakes.
- Unvalid when prohibited by law.
© 2011 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.