FRONT OFFICE TRAINEE
Hotel Des Indes is the most iconic and luxurious hotel in The Hague and surroundings. We are looking for professionals who want to strengthen our young and dynamic team. We offer an environment where colleagues are empowered, can develop themselves and where appreciation is expressed to each other. We – and hopefully soon you – are proud to provide our services with style and passion, as befits the rich history of Hotel Des Indes.
Hotel Des Indes is located in the heart of bustling The Hague. Our 5* product is the largest of the 52 monumental buildings on the Lange Voorhout and has been receiving guests for 140 years! We have been part of Leading Hotels of the World since 2019 – a brand where natural hospitality is central and we want to do everything to unburden our guests and give them a unique experience.
As a Front Office Trainee, you are the first point of contact for (hotel) guests. You assist our guests in the broadest sense of the word, by assisting them with requests and matters that require immediate assistance and attention. Personal service and attention are of great importance here. This includes sights and information about the hotel and its history. Our guests expect an appropriate answer to all their questions immediately.
Welcoming trainees for this position throughout the year. There is no fixed intake period. There is a minimum requirement that the internship is for at least 4 months.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Checking in and out in accordance with our standards (LHW) and ensuring a constant, high quality of service, in accordance with our standards;;
• Pro-active contact with guests to keep the satisfaction and experience of our guests optimal;
• Read into the information available to provide the most personal service possible to our guests;
• Gaining general and specific knowledge to promote the provision of information to guests across a very broad area (hotel, environment, museums, culinary) and upsell at the reception;
• Correctly performing administrative tasks, such as allocating rooms for the guests and checking reservation lists for requests and requests;
• Answering incoming telephone calls, such as taking reservations for the restaurant and overnight stays in accordance with the standards.
• Maintain contact with various departments, such as housekeeping, F&B and porters and gain knowledge of different systems, such as Opera, Formitable and Oaky.
• Initiative and flexible
• Independent and confident
• Communication skills (NL and ENG)
What else you can expect from us:
- Attractive internship allowance of €480 per month
- Horeca Collective Labor Agreement;
- Various extras such as a 50% discount at the F&B outlets, discount at various gyms, and the like;
- Be Our Guest - 50% discount when visiting our F&B outlets.
- The 'Know where you work' program, an overnight stay with valet parking, including breakfast in the restaurant so that you experience what the guests experience.
- Employee and Friends & Family rate, special rate on room nights for you, your family & friends.
- Enjoy a 40% discount on hotel stays worldwide at affiliated hotels through Hotel Employee Rate.
- Exclusive discounts on products and a chance to win prizes via Employee Advantage Shop.
- Remarkable Moments.
Are you excited to join our team? Then apply via this site or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and maybe you can convince us to become part of the Hotel Des Indes family
If your dream job is not listed, it is of course always possible to send an open application and discuss the possibilities while enjoying a (digital) cup of coffee. Send your open application including CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com and who knows you might convince us to become part of the Hotel Des Indes family.