DUTY MANAGEMENT TRAINEE
Hotel Des Indes is the most iconic and luxurious hotel in The Hague and surroundings. We are looking for professionals who want to strengthen our young and dynamic team. We offer an environment where colleagues are empowered, can develop themselves and where appreciation is expressed to each other. We – and hopefully soon you – are proud to provide our services with style and passion, as befits the rich history of Hotel Des Indes.
Hotel Des Indes is in the heart of bustling The Hague. Our 5* product is the largest of the 52 monumental buildings on the Lange Voorhout and has been receiving guests for 140 years! We have been part of Leading Hotels of the World since 2019 – a brand where natural hospitality is central, and we want to do everything to unburden our guests and give them a unique experience.
The Operations Management Trainee is a spider in the web for all departments and is the first point of contact for (hotel) guests and colleagues. As a Operations Management Trainee, you work proactively, and you try to handle various matters as well as possible. You will have to deal with complaints handling, solving various problems and quality control of the rooms and suites. In addition, you are a real ambassador of the hotel, and you support various departments during busy times. In short, a challenging internship!
Welcoming trainees for this position throughout the year. There is no fixed intake period. There is a minimum requirement that the internship is for at least 4 months.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Taking care of the experience of the guests who visit the hotel and proactively addressing guests during their stay;
- Ensuring standards of key arrivals and recognizing VIP guests on a daily basis and alerting the rest of the team to this;
- A proactive role in solving problems where guest satisfaction is a top priority;
- Do quality checks by means of room checks;
- Giving tours of the hotel's general areas;
- Supervising the general well-being of the hotel, hotel guests and employees;
- Ensuring safety by means of security rounds through the hotel;
- First point of contact in the event of a calamity;
- Provide support to all departments in carrying out their work if necessary;
- Adhering to the standards of the LHW and addressing other colleagues if necessary.
- Solution-oriented action
- Stress resistant
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills (NL and ENG)
What can you expect from us?
Hotel Des Indes offers an environment where colleagues are empowered, can develop themselves and where appreciation is expressed. In addition, you will end up in an enthusiastic team and of course the most beautiful hotel in The Hague.
What else you can expect from us:
- Attractive internship allowance of €480 per month
- Horeca Collective Labor Agreement;
- Various extras such as a 50% discount at the F&B outlets, discount at various gyms, and the like;
- Be Our Guest - 50% discount when visiting our F&B outlets.
- The 'Know where you work' program, an overnight stay with valet parking, including breakfast in the restaurant so that you experience what the guests experience.
- Employee and Friends & Family rate, special rate on room nights for you, your family & friends.
- Enjoy a 40% discount on hotel stays worldwide at affiliated hotels through Hotel Employee Rate.
- Exclusive discounts on products and a chance to win prizes via Employee Advantage Shop.
- Remarkable Moments.
Are you excited to join our team? Then apply via this site or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and maybe you can convince us to become part of the Hotel Des Indes family.
If your dream job is not listed, it is of course always possible to send an open application and discuss the possibilities while enjoying a (digital) cup of coffee. Send your open application including CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com and who knows you might convince us to become part of the Hotel Des Indes family.