FOOD & BEVERAGE TRAINEE
Hotel Des Indes is the most iconic and luxurious hotel in The Hague and surroundings. We are looking for professionals who want to strengthen our young and dynamic team. We offer an environment where colleagues are empowered, where they can develop themselves and where mutual appreciation is expressed. We – and hopefully soon you – are proud to provide our services with style and passion, as befits the rich history of Hotel Des Indes.
Hotel Des Indes is in the heart of bustling The Hague. Our 5* product is the largest of the 52 monumental buildings on the Lange Voorhout and has been receiving guests for 140 years! We have been part of Leading Hotels of the World since 2019 – a brand where natural hospitality is central, and we want to do everything to unburden our guests and give them a unique experience.
In our team, we ensure that all tasks are completed successfully, and that a constant, high quality of service is offered. In addition, we try to pamper the guests by offering personal service and listening to the guest.
Welcoming trainees for this position throughout the year. There is no fixed intake period. There is a minimum requirement that the internship is for at least 4 months.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Taking care of the guests from the moment of arrival to departure;
• Explain and make suggestions about the menu;
• Help build Salons where events can be held and help with serving during the event;
• Providing friendly, professional and prompt service at all times;
• Receiving and correctly processing orders;
• Keeping in touch with the kitchen team;
• Attending training courses (wine, coffee, tea, menu training), if desired;
• Carrying out any other work that can reasonably be expected of you within our hotel and within the department;
• Compliance with LHW standards regarding service, presentation and hygiene rules.
• Eager to learn
• Team player
• Communication skills
What else you can expect from us:
- Attractive internship allowance of €480 per month
- Horeca Collective Labor Agreement;
- Various extras such as a 50% discount at the F&B outlets, discount at various gyms, and the like;
- Be Our Guest - 50% discount when visiting our F&B outlets.
- The 'Know where you work' program, an overnight stay with valet parking, including breakfast in the restaurant so that you experience what the guests experience.
- Employee and Friends & Family rate, special rate on room nights for you, your family & friends.
- Enjoy a 40% discount on hotel stays worldwide at affiliated hotels through Hotel Employee Rate.
- Exclusive discounts on products and a chance to win prizes via Employee Advantage Shop.
- Remarkable Moments.
Are you excited to join our team? Then apply via this site or send an email to email@example.com and maybe you can convince us to become part of the Hotel Des Indes family
If your dream job is not listed, it is of course always possible to send an open application and discuss the possibilities while enjoying a (digital) cup of coffee. Send your open application including CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and who knows you might convince us to become part of the Hotel Des Indes family.